- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
What’s the Big Deal?
Submitted by Amy Acheson on Tue, 07/24/2012 - 9:27am
Crazy Daze is back and it is a BIG deal with bargains up and down Division Street all day (this Thursday, July 26 starting at 7 a.m.). To make things even kookier, downtown is throwing in the Taste of Northfield (4-10 p.m.).
Spread the ketchup on those juicy burgers, listen to tunes on Bridge Square and then catch up on more super sales as you sample saucy BBQ ribs or cheesy bites and dish up some Ole Roll bread pudding for the perfect “shop and dine” combo.
There are all kinds of wild and outlandish things happening. Kids can watch balloons take form into different animal shapes, make tasty goodies in the snack tent, and get their faces painted! Need to fit in a quick workout before hitting the food stands? There’s a hula hoop contest at The Rare Pair starting at 2:00 p.m. Some of the Crazy Daze food specials are: brats and hot dogs at the VFW, pizza by the slice at B&L Pizza, Hawaiian Ice at Cocoa Bean, burgers at the Rueb-n-Stein, smoothies from the HideAway and Quality Bakery will be featuring their Alaskan donuts.
The Sundowners Car Club will be displaying their vehicles downtown starting at 5 p.m. by First National Bank. Prairie’s Edge Humane Society is hosting “Meows for Maggie” cat adoptions from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Northfield News.
Get as much summer fun in as you can – see you downtown this Thursday! Details ...
• Specials at stores starting at 7:00 a.m.
• Hula hoop contest starting at 2:00 p.m. at The Rare Pair
• “Meows for Maggie” cat adoptions from 8 to 1 p.m. at the Northfield News
Taste of Northfield
• Great food from local restaurants
• Kids’ activities (balloon making, face painting, and the Create a Snack tent)
• Tribute to Maggie Lee
• Silent auction
• Beer and wine tasting
• $1000 cash raffle
• Live entertainment on Bridge Square and street dance
• 4-4:45 p.m. - The Lost Boyz Crew (bustin' moves by hip hop b-boys)
• 4:45-5 p.m. - Anna Balfany - singer/songwriter
• 5-6 p.m. - Tribute to Maggie Lee, including a performance by Marilyn Sellars (wear purple)
• 6-7 p.m. - Bridge Square Band
• 7-8 p.m. - Northfield's Got Talent -- a community variety show
• 8-10 p.m. - Dance the night away to the rockin' sounds of Area 51
For more information go to nddc.org or visitingnorthfield.com.