- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Explore the Outdoors: Saturday May 10 in Way Park
Submitted by Doug Bratland on Wed, 05/07/2014 - 12:47pm
May 10 2014 1:00 pm
May 10 2014 4:00 pm
The Friends of Way Park, together with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and PBS stations across the country, announce the second annual Explore the Outdoors gathering on Saturday, May 10 in Northfield’s Way Park.
The Explore the Outdoors event was inspired by a PBS and NRPA initiative to get kids outdoors. PBS has a month of children's programming related to "earth themes," and this year they've created a new website called Plum Landing, which they launched right before Earth Day. In cooperation with NRPA, they have put together some resources for parents and activity sheets.
Once again, FWP is partnering with several local organizations to present a full afternoon of outdoor fun. The event will take place in Way Park from 1:00–4:00 pm on Saturday, May 10, and will include:
- Kite Making
- Spring Crowns
- Sidewalk Murals
- The Y Kids Challenge by the Northfield Area YMCA
- A Honey Bee Helper Station by Girl Scout Troop 25410
- An activity for budding farmers by Budding Farmers
- A Green Energy Demo by St. Olaf’s Science Alliance
- Rainbarrels: Solutions to Storm Water Pollution (displayed by Cannon River Watershed Partnership)
- Brainstorming for future playground updates
- Lemonade, music and more...
See you in the park!