- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Meet a Minnesota History Player Charley Goddard- a teenage civil war soldier.
Submitted by Kathy Ness on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 12:50pm
(1846–1868)Teenaged Civil War Soldier
What was it like to be a teenage soldier during the Civil War?
You will learn about:
· Goddard’s childhood in the frontier town of Winona, Minnesota
· Tensions leading to the start of the Civil War in 1861
· Goddard’s experiences on and off the battlefield, told through his many letters home
· The impact of the Civil War, both nationally and in Minnesota
· See items from the Northfield Historical society’s Civil War collection.
Using props and artifacts, this costumed History Players will engage children & families with his memorable life story during an enjoyable 45-minute interactive program.
During each session items from the Northfield Historical Society will bring a local touch to the time periods!
Saturday, January 18th at 11 am
No Charge! In the Northfield Public Library's meeting room. 210 Washington St. 645-6606
This program is made possible by The Northfield Historical Society, Northfield Healthy Community Initiative, The Friends & Foundation of the Library and the Northfield Public Library.