- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Community School Coordinator for Northfield Public Schools Community Services Division
Submitted by Erin Mayberry on Mon, 06/30/2014 - 12:42pm
Northfield Public Schools (in partnership with the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative and a number of local community organizations) is excited to announce the launch of the Greenvale Park Community School initiative this fall.
Using public schools as hubs, community schools bring together many partners to offer a range of supports and opportunities to children, youth, families and communities. A community school’s integrated focus on academics, health & social services, youth & community development, and community engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities.
The community school partners seek a Community School Coordinator to help lead this ambitious effort.
- experience building collaborations and developing partnerships
- experience recruiting, managing and supporting staff and volunteers
- knowledge of after school curriculum implementation
- appropriate techniques and practices for after school programming
- fundamentals of supervision and supervisory techniques
- understanding of the community school philosophy
- four-year degree in youth/child development, education or related field
- bilingual in English and Spanish
This position is 30 hours/week for 50 weeks/year and includes benefits. The coordinator must be on-site (Greenvale Park Elementary) for programming Monday - Thursday after school and Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Remaining hours will be scheduled during the school day.
Applications are accepted through July 15, 2014. Apply online: http://nfld.k12.mn.us/departments/hr/?category=Community+Services+Positions