- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Just Food Co-op
High quality, fresh, local, organic food and produce in Northfield, Minnesota.
Updated: 1 hour 33 min ago
February is a month of love and giving! Just Food’s community partner for February is Laura Baker Services Association, an organization that does just that – loves and gives. Your round up at the register this month will help Laura Baker with their “Fund-A-Cause” programs.
Pathways to the Future
- Serve as a voice for people with disabilities and engaging in the community to advocate for:
- Affordable housing for people with developmental disabilities
- Adequate respite resources for families
- Public Polices that benefit people with disabilities
- Laura Baker uses art and music as creative tools so clients can focus on developing, physical, cognitive, emotional and social skills
- Our creative arts programing serves as a catalyst that enrich the individual and community life of clients and staff by providing opportunities to learn from each other through shared creative experiences.
Family Support Services
- We help families navigate the world of raising a special needs child and ensure the successful future of their special needs adult.
- We help people make connections in a way that is comfortable, respectful, practical and sustainable, bringing volunteers and families together.
- We do this primarily through adult and youth Respite Care events.
Visit Laura Baker’s In Community Blog. In Community sheds light on the many issues and challenges people with intellectual and developmental disabilities face in their journey to leading fulfilling lives. It also focuses on LBSA’s effort to build a supportive community that embraces all people.
The post February Community Partner is Laura Baker Services Association! appeared first on Just Food Co-op.