- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Nursing homes, hospitals and churches are popular locations for St. Olaf students to share their musical talent off the Hill, but two Oles are adding an unexpected and underserved location to that lis
The members of Radiohead are masters of the unconventional album release. In 2007, for In Rainbows, they were the first major act to utilize the pay-what-you-want download model that has since been ad
diences with their production of the opera Der Vampyr. Luckily for everyone who left that show wanting more, Lyric Theater is back at it again with their 2016 spring show, Light. This year’s product
In the shadow of a town’s insecurities, an awkward but honest quest for human affection and affirmation is laced through with humor and wonder at the stars. Ian Sutherland ’18 directed 10 student acto
On Sunday, May 8, senior art majors will have their final pieces on display throughout Dittman Center during “Lasting Legacy” and “The Senior Art Show.” There are more featured artists than ever bef
Entering into its seventh year, the Congregational Church of Faribault — United Church of Christ − is preparing for its annual Garden Tour.
Our summer sale begins today on July 1st! All regularly priced plant material is on sale at 10% off! You will still continue to find great bargains in our bargain areas for shrubs & trees! Now is the time to get a new tree or two- get some shrubs replaced or add some perennials!
Our summer sale will go from July 1st through the 14th!
All of our remaining annuals are on sale at 50% off. Our beautiful cannas are going to be in bloom soon and are on sale at 50% off!
Heads Up! While they might not be working, the cones will still be up in some construction zones throughout the State as you travel during this July 4th holiday weekend. For a list of the major roadways affected, click below: Travel over July Fourth final
The post Community News: Holiday travel affected by cone zones 6/30/16 appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.
Last time MLA changed its citation style, it took EndNote several years to update its built in MLA style. So if you’re looking for an Output Style to use with EndNote that conforms (as much as possible) to the new MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, I’ve created files you can download and install.
- Drag the two style files that you find in this folder into the Styles folder that EndNote looks at (you can see where your own installation is looking by going to Preferences > Folder Locations).
- Set MLA 8th as your output style by opening EndNote, clicking the “Edit” menu and then “Output Styles.” You may need to click on “Open Style Manager” the first time, at which point it might be useful to check the box next to the new MLA styles so that they’re listed with your other “favorites.”
- Download and read this ReadMe file that includes special instructions on using EndNote with this Output Style. (For the sake of convenience, I will also put the ReadMe information here in this blog post.)
If you run into problems or come up with improvements, please let me know!Using the Style
To make sure that EndNote generates good citations, here are some important things to know:
- URLs for web sources other than library databases should be included, but do not include the “http://“ or “https://“ part. You will have to make this edit individually in the records for your items as there is no way that I know of to programmatically take those prefixes out of the URL in EndNote.
- Fill in the “Date” field with the day and month, but not year, like so: “21 Jan.”
- If your work has no listed author, be sure to include a “short title” in your record because this is what will show up in your in-text citations.
- If your work’s author is also the publisher, leave the Author field blank.
- If you are focusing on an aspect of the work done by a person who is not the creator of the main content, put that person’s name in the “Author” field. Then put a descriptive label (editor, performer, translator, etc.) in the “Label” field.
- If you are looking at an “unexpected type of work” (a transcript of a broadcast, a manuscript of a published work, etc), put a descriptive word into the “Type of work” field (such as “Transcript” or “Manuscript”).
- Add the name of the web page within a site to the “Title” field, and the name of the full web site to “Series Title” field.
- Do not include the year of the “Last updated date” as that will be duplicated from the “year” field. Instead enter the date in the this way: “26 Jan.”
- Add the name of the organization that sponsored or published the web site to the “Publisher” field.
Film or Broadcast:
- If you are treating the director as an author, put the name into the “Director” field. If you are treating the director as an Other Contributor, put the name into the “Credits” field.
- If your map is part of a collection that has a title (such as “Google Maps”) put that title into the “Series Title” field.
- If you experienced a work first hand, put the location name (museum name, city name, etc) in the “Place Published” field.
- If you found the work reproduced online, use the “Artwork” reference type and put the online database name in the “Database Name” field.
- If you found the work reproduced in a book, magazine, etc., use the reference type that matches the thing where you found the reproduced artwork (“Book Section,” “Newspaper,” etc.)
- Put the word “Manuscript” in the “Type of Material” field. If you are using the Manuscript field for something other than a manuscript, then put a similarly descriptive word in the “Type of Material” field.
The new MLA style gives people many, many options. Sadly, none of the reference managers that I know of are currently that flexible, so there are some things that are options in the style that people will not be able to do automatically using EndNote or any other software in their current states. Most notably, there is no good way, currently, to do the following:
- Use a description (without quotation marks or italics) in place of a title for untitled works
- Add the optional place of publication to citations
- Add the optional access date to citations
To do these things and the other optional descriptive work allowed in the 8th edition, you’ll want to finish your final draft, save a new copy of your document, use the “Convert to plain text” option under “Tools” on your EndNote toolbar to break the connection with the EndNote program, and then do any final edits that the program cannot do for you.
Today’s news update – Mayor “optimistic” as Northfield council to discuss Waterford Annexation issue; NAFRS hears preliminary budget items and forms Ad Hoc committee; Groundbreaking for rural broadband in Goodhue Co.
Mayor “optimistic” as Northfield council to discuss Waterford Annexation issue Waterford Township has sent an invoice to Northfield every year since 2010 for payments they feel due them on an Orderly annexation agreement from 1980. It’s up to $27,000 now. In 2009 legislation passed that made those types of agreements void after 6 years. City […]
The post Today’s news update – Mayor “optimistic” as Northfield council to discuss Waterford Annexation issue; NAFRS hears preliminary budget items and forms Ad Hoc committee; Groundbreaking for rural broadband in Goodhue Co. appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.
Jeff Johnson speaks with Northfield Historical Society Executive Director Hayes Scriven on wrapping up June History Month, the Vintage Baseball game and the 4th of July fireworks (moved to Sechler Park). MAP suggested viewing sites Click below to listen to the full interview: hayesscriven063016
The post ‘Morning Show’ with Jeff Johnson | NHS Ex. Dir. Hayes Scriven appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.
One word that was used to describe the need for an administration position for the Northfield Area Fire and Rescue Services was "sustainability."
1st Things 1stTalented musicians and vocalists who have come together to pay tribute to the great jazz and swing music of the 20th century. Made possible by a SEMAC Grant
- Here's the link to the entire BOOKS & STARS schedule
- Here's the link to the entire BOOKS & STARS schedule
For the full log of police calls, visit faribault.com/news/local or northfieldnews.com/news/local. You can also check out the Rice County Interactive Crime Map at faribault.com or northfieldnews.com.
A broken taillight and swerving in the driving lane led police to more than 12 grams of methamphetamine, a scale and a handgun in Dundas this week.
Jeff Johnson speaks with Senator Al Franken on his bill for better healthcare in Rural Minnesota and also discusses broadband issues for outstate. Click below to listen to the full interview: franken063016
The post ‘Morning Show’ with Jeff Johnson | Sen. Al Franken 6/30/16 appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.
(UPDATE 12 p.m. Thursday: This story has been updated with additional information after speaking to Rice County Sheriff Troy Dunn.)
Today’s news update – Thefts and burglaries on the rise; Is it a subsidy for the wealthy or a subsidy for the future of Northfield?; Three Links CEO announces Retirement
Thefts and burglaries on the rise In the last the last three weeks, the Northfield Police Department has received numerous reports of thefts from motor vehicle, tampering with vehicles and burglaries. Northfield Police Chief Monte Nelson says there’ve been approximately seven burglaries and six thefts from vehicles reported. The incidents have occurred all over the […]
The post Today’s news update – Thefts and burglaries on the rise; Is it a subsidy for the wealthy or a subsidy for the future of Northfield?; Three Links CEO announces Retirement appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.
As it enters into its 10th season of events, Noontime Organ Recital organizer Richard Collman is surprised.
Adam Lindquist is one of the world’s premier Teddy Roosevelt impersonators. He is in character for most of the show. This Nfld Life 6-22-16 This Northfield Life with Corey Butler and Brad Ness airs each Wednesday at 6pm on KYMN Radio.
The post This Northfield Life with Brad Ness and Corey Butler – Teddy Roosevelt (Adam Lindquist) appeared first on KYMN Radio - Northfield, MN.