- Go! Northfield-Dundas
- Submit Content
Welcome to Northfield.org's Election 2012 page. In the coming weeks, we will be bringing you a wealth of information to help you to make an informed choice on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. On this page, you'll find voter resources including maps of districts and precincts, voter registration information, and polling location information, as well as information about candidates and ballot issues.
- City of Northfield Press Release on the General Election (including absentee voting information; .pdf).
- Comprehensive Northfield Patch Election Guide.
- City of Northfield Elections Page
- Voter Registration Information (Minnesota Secretary of State)
- Example Ballot (does not include specific candidate names at this point). You can also use the Secretary of State's "My Ballot" tool to find the complete list of candidates that will appear on your ballot on November 6.
- Arts & Culture Candidate Forum. Thursday, October 4, 7-9 p.m., Weitz Center for Creativity, Room 236.
- League of Women Voters Candidate Forum. Saturday, October 6, 10 a.m., City Council Chambers, 801 Washington St.State House and Senate candidates.
- League of Women Voters Candidate Forum. Saturday, October 13, 10 am, City Council Chambers. Mayoral and Council candidates.
- Northfield Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum. 7:30-9:00 am. Community Resource Bank Community Room. State and County candidates.
- Candidate Question Time @ The Contented Cow I. Thursday, October 18, 7-9 p.m. Mayoral and At-Large Council candidates.
- Northfield Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum. Tuesday, October 23, 7:30 am. The Grand. Local candidates.
- League of Women Voters Candidate Forum. Thursday, October 25, 6:30 pm. Northfield Senior Center. Rice County Commissioner Districts 1 & 2 candidates.
- Candidate Question Time @ The Contented Cow II. Thursday, October 25, 7-9 pm. Wards 2 & 3 candidates.
- Mayor's Youth Council Candidate Forum. Friday, October 26, 8:45-10:30 am. Northfield High School. School board candidates.
The links below are to candidate's profiles and responses to questions generated by Northfield Citizens Online in collaboration with the League of Women Voters Northfield - Cannon Falls (where available), to profiles we've found on Patch, or to the candidates' websites. All linked maps are in PDF format. JPG versions are at the bottom of the page.
PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
UNITED STATES SENATE
U.S. CONGRESS AND MINNESOTA STATE LEGISLATURE
Minnesota Second Congressional District (map)
Minnesota Senate District 20 (map)
Minnesota House District 20B (map)
Minnesota Senate District 58
- Dave Thompson (R)
- Andrew Brobston (DFL)
Minnesota House District 58B
- Northfield precinct/ward map
- Northfield Polling locations
- Polling place locator ("Poll Finder") from the Minnesota Secretary of State Office
Rice County Commissioner District 1
Rice County Commissioner District 2
- Galen Malecha*
- Jeff Quinnell
Mayor of Northfield
Northfield City Council, At Large
Northfield City Council, Ward 2
Northfield City Council, Ward 3
Northfield Public School Board (4 seats)
Statewide Ballot Initiatives
Both admendment questions as they will appear on the November 6th ballot (.pdf sample ballot)
- League of Women Voters Northfield-Cannon Falls voter information page
- Ballotpedia (a wiki-style website with information about candidates, races, and issues)
- Northfield Patch Voters Guide 2012 Category
MAPS (click map for larger version, which will open in a new browser window)
State Senate District 20
State House District 20B
Second Congressional District
Northfield Ward Map